HealthVisions Midwest, sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ, is a faith-based community health organization that works with local communities served by the Poor Handmaids and its mutual partners. In the spirit of interdependence, mutuality and cooperation, using social justice principles, we strive to build healthy communities by reducing health disparities among the poor and underserved.
Poor Handmaids and its mutual partners
- Health disparities will be reduced among the poor and underserved.
- People are empowered to improve their own health.
- The health of the communities for the poor and underserved is impacted through advocacy efforts and systemic changes.
- Collaborating organizations are sought to strengthen the resource base and address health issues in local communities.
- Strengthen and formalize our role as a “Backbone” Organization in the communities we serve through Collective Impact and Partnerships.